Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sharon Livingston Introduction Post

My name is Sharon Livingston, and I was in Dani and Joseph's youth group at their home church back in El Paso right after they graduated from college. I had the privilege of getting to be there through their first pregnancy and meet Isaiah. We then moved, but I always enjoy getting to see the whole Contreras crew when they are back in the states and down our way!

I currently live in Huntsville, Alabama where I stay home with my three boys. Over the past six years I have either been pregnant or nursing so it is hard to get an accurate view of where my weight has been. As I am entering into the next phase of my life, I would like to start out from a healthy point. I have always managed to lose the weight part post pregnancy, but I have never really exercised so I really just end up still being "soft" all over. I am hoping this challenge will help me not only lose the last of the baby weight, but also get into a good exercise habit that I am able to continue post challenge. Since I can tend to be competitive, I think the challenge will be a good motivating factor for me. I am currently weighing in at 131, and I would like to get back down to 120 by the end of the challenge. Being fairly short, this is a good weight for me!

My fitness plan while it is still nasty outside is to use the fitness game I got for our xbox kinect . With my boys schedules I will probably have to do this after they go to bed. As I generally just want to collapse at this point, I am really praying to be able to stay faithful with this part of the challenge. As the weather gets better, I hope to take advantage of the many greenways we have around my area and get out with the boys. 

My HEP is to follow weight watchers guidelines. I have done this in the past and it works really well for me. I consider it a healthy eating plan verses a diet because it really is all about learning how to appropriately portion and cut back on fatty foods. Since it does not exclude any food groups, I find it easy to continue as I learn what proper portions are for me to maintain the weight I would like. I am also using them since I am still currently nursing. They have a plan for nursing moms that will allow me to lose weight without risking a drop in my milk supply. I am excited to use them this time because I have found an app for tracking my points on my ipod instead of having to use the old fashioned paper and pencil way!

I am excited to get to know everyone through the course of the challenge. This is my first time ever to post on a blog so that is exciting too :) I plan to post a better before picture and my measurements in my next journal entry.

My husband, our three boys and I this past Christmas



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did great! So happy to have you join in. And I love the competitive side too. It motivated me a lot through my wight loss.

I still can't believe you have three boys too now! How crazy is that!

Do you have access to YouTube to watch some workout videos? On this blog there are some good ones posted. Also my favorites being Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. It is al on YouTube. The shred is fast and you are done in 25 min. Add 20 min of marching in place watching a program or doing more sit ups and you've got your 40 min.
I gotta tell myself this tonight too, it's rainy and so cold here.

Springing in2 shape with ya,
Dani